Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Taco Soup

This one is so simple, but just in case you don't have the recipe. Here it is:

1 lb. ground beef (ground turkey for Becky, of course)
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can kidney beans drained(I like to use black beans instead)
1 15 oz. can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn (drained)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
water to desired consistency (about two cups or cans)

Brown ground beef. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, and taco season. Add water, and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer. Serve with grated cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream etc.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Yummy, Yummy! My family loves Taco Soup.
Thank you soo much. That was a day that I was in Tooele, and it was so nice to know that my family was having dinner. I had to eat my heated up, but Taco Soup is great for that. Thanks.

Becky A said...

I love that you put corn in it. I've never had it that way. Thanks, it was delicious!

Care said...

Delish! and that small pot was the perfect size for our family.