Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

This isn't really even a recipe, I just kind of created it from a Pampered Chef recipe, but I have so many people ask me how to make it and my family LOVES it, so here goes:

1 loaf Rhoades bread dough, unthawed
3 cups cooked diced chicken
1 cup barbecue sauce, I use KC Masterpeice, I like it best for the pizza
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Toppings: any toppings work I've used green peppers, red onions, olives, mushrooms, pineapple whatever your family likes will work, I keep the onions and peppers large enough to be easily taken off by those who don't like them.
I thaw the bread dough in the microwave, then roll it out in the shape of the stone (rectangle or round). Bake the dough-only for about 10 minutes on 350 ( I do this to cook the crust a little before the toppings go on or they seem to make it soggy). Combine chicken and barbecue sauce together and put on dough. Add cheese and toppings. Bake on 350 for about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Hope it is filling enough for your families, this is my families favorite meal . (Sue I'm thinking your family might need 2 pizzas, but not sure, do you have 2 stones. Let me know for next time. )

4 comments:

Steph said...

We loved it. Thank you for the yummy dinner. We liked the apple snickers salad too. I bet you can't guess what was gone out of the bowl first. I kept having to tell them to quick picking through it.
Thank you so much.

Becky A said...

Yum! We love this one, too! Thank you so much.

Care said...

Hey Jode (It takes as much time to type the short version of your name as it does the regular)

Loved dinner!!! The LeBaron's are welcome to use one of my stones. Just remind Sue to pick up both when she delivers on Friday. We only need half of a pizza; next time just make the circle/dough 2-3 inches smaller in diameter.

Loved the apple/snickers salad!! You can just send us 2 apples (seriously goes far) & half the whip cream - but we'll take all the snickers. I actually had to take Teresa dinner the next day (my dinner group night) I used some of the leftover apples and the rest of the cool whip and made her family the exact same salad. It was awesome - I felt so complete. THANKS

Check out my post on the main blog tonight4dinner.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Jodi
What sauce do you use on this pizza... oh, KC Masterpeice - yum. We love it and always gobble everything up (no leftovers). That is plenty for our family, but thanks for thinking of us! BBQ Chicken pizza is my favorite - it's the BEST.